Tuesday, October 22, 2013

NANOWRIMO


NANOWRIMO is National Novel Writing Month!  If you’re not sure if you can actually write a novel, why not take part in this.  It’s a marvelous personal challenge exercise! You’ll meet other aspiring writers! Make friends and meet other writers in your area as you attend local write-ins.
It’s 50,000 words in 30 days.  It runs from Nov 1st to Nov 30th.  This will be my second year participating. There are no prizes for completing the challenge other than an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment.

I’ll be using this year’s fall wrimo to write the majority of Fathom, the third book in my Magarelli Series. I can’t imagine this story coming in under 60,000, but I will be sure and reach my goal of 50,000 in 30 days.  Who knows if I get a burn on, I may actually do 60,000 in 30 days. I wrote RELEVANCE in 21 days and it was 75,000 words.  Of course I had a vicious muse who kept me chained to my desk and I was unemployed at the time and could dedicate my entire day and night to writing. Who needed sleep, right?
This time, I am working at an ACSET facility 18 hours a week. They are allowing me make my 18 hours in three days at six hours a day and giving me Mondays and Tuesday off. While I can attempt to reach my 1700 words a day after work, I have Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off in a row to write all day long instead of only five hours a day. They stand behind my writing 100%. I love that.

I will post my progress in this blog perhaps 3 days at a time. Every moment I’m not writing on the novel is a moment I’m not writing on the novel. Capisce?
In nine days, it’ll be NOSEY GRINDSTONE time for this writer. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment